lundi 2 avril 2012

P(oem)-A-D(ay) n° 2

wishes of a poet trying to avoid foolishness
my lifetime verse is listed in reams
my fingers whisper only pianissimo songs

dying

like other dreams quickly vying for death’s grace
who will recite simple prayers for its eternal soul
when I cover it in soft loamy earth?

wild violets

planted in ceramic under a glass bell
poised atop a marble tombstone, purple
like the bruises clawing at my soul

pain does not…

allow my freedom
the least movement jars each nerve
overdose or amputation might kill temptation

I cannot write
brushes only paint in abstract splashes
music, that once sparkled with two hands

has become inaudible sound

spoken with a shaky voice
caught by posterity’s microphone
I have epitaphs to sell


the silent hand
[2012.2.4…a]

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire