dimanche 8 janvier 2012

while the tea cools

through invisible tears, I notice nothing
but an absent pain that should paralyze me
the cat covets birds visiting his balcony
a pot of green tea cools
I answer the phone and console a weeping friend
life returns to a calmer pace
and I know in the years to come 
a larger hole of loneliness will slowly befriend and tame my grief


while the tea cools
[2012.8.1...b]

3 commentaires:

  1. These words touched me today - thank you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thank you, Roz, for stopping by and letting my words into your heart. My mother died yesterday three days after a massive stroke. We were always on the wrong side of our love/hate relationship as I have been living as an ex-pat in France for the last 31 years.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. In the middle of your own grief you console a friend. A beautifully written small stone!

    RépondreSupprimer